The Institute of Space Sciences (IEEC-CSIC) is seeking to fill a position of ‘Assistant to the Director’.
The responsibilities and duties of this position include aspects related to the institute everyday life, the monitoring of its scientific output, and collaboration with general administration tasks. All these activities are to be carried out under the supervision of the Director or other delegated persons. The specific duties include (but are not restricted to):
- maintenance of the agenda of the institute;
- collaboration in outreach (e-mailings, web uploading, twitter);
- internal broadcasting of events;
- reporting and communications (annual report, newsletter);
- maintenance of productivity databases;
- assistance to the Director’s office (meetings, visitors, events, administration, budget management).
The successful candidate should:
- be friendly and personable while managing communications and calendar scheduling;
- be able to prioritise and manage multiple small tasks simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timelymanner;
- be responsive, responsible, and able to adapt to changing circumstances in an rapidly evolving workflow;
- have at least a working knowledge of English and of usual office software;
- have an interest in science-related activities.
In addition, user knowledge of databases such as WoS, SCOPUS, ADS, or similar will be valued. Proven expertise in document editing, design, accounting and others will also be favourably noted.
We are initially offering a part-time job (4 hours a day) with a contract having an expected duration of 3 years.
The selection process will start with this announcement and the position will be open until filled.
Please submit your CV and cover letter electronically to:
Prof. Diego F. Torres, Director,
Institute of Space Sciences
with subject: Assistant to the Director position