Given the performance of this scientific equipment, then OAdM is only opened to the general public on the occasion of the open day visits. Here you can find the calendar of the open days for 2019:
- Sunday 19th of May at 12h (closed)
- Sunday 16th of June at 12h (closed)
- Sunday 14th of July at 12h (closed)
- Sunday 18th of August at 12h (closed)
- Sunday 15th of September at 12h (closed)
The visit consists on a guided tour through the various facilities of the observatory, such as the various telescopes (the Joan Oró telescope, the Fabra-ROA Montsec telescope, and de XO-Montsec telescope), and also the meteorologic (SMC) and environment (IDAEA) monitoring stations, as well as the ground station for satellites communications (UPC - IEEC). The astronomers will explain how the scientific instruments work and what kind of research is done at the OAdM. The visit lasts about an hour and is free.