The Gaia group at IEEC – UB-ICC is seeking an experienced software engineering manager with proven experience on developing vertical software solutions and deep knowledge on distributed computing frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark.
The job will involve deep responsibility on the design and implementation of the Data Mining platform for the Gaia mission, including gathering requirements, design, implementation, deployment and test of the software products developed. Knowledge on astronomical research is a must. The chosen candidate will be the responsible of the data mining team under the supervision of the Gaia Data Processing and Analysis Consortium (DPAC)
The job requires:
- Strong software engineering skills and familiar with multiple programming languages, mainly Java, Scala and Python.
- Proven experience on distributed computing frameworks such as Apache Spark and Hadoop ecosystem services such as Hive, YARN and HDFS.
- Knowledge on Machine learning techniques.
- Experience in requirements gathering, reporting, documentation and management of software engineering projects.
- Documentation on ECSS standard.
- Familiarity with Space and astronomical research and large teams work.
- Latex, Subversion, Eclipse and other development and project management tools such as
- Fluency (both written and spoken) in English. Spanish and Catalan a plus.
We intend to fill this position as soon as possible. The contract will be until september 2017, although an extension is possible. The salary will be agreed upon with the successful applicant.
Contact Person: Lola Balaguer – email: firstname.lastname@example.org