Look into the Masters programs the Institute offers through its research unit centers. You may find a variety of programs depending on your field of interest.
Master in Astrophysics, Particle Physics and Cosmology
This master is aimed at providing students with advanced academic training within the fields of astrophysics, space sciences, atomic, nuclear and particle physics, gravitation and cosmology. It explicitly includes one of the following pathways:
- Astrophysics and Space Sciences
- Particle Physics and Gravitation
depending on the modules completed by the student.
Subjects are taught by doctoral-level researchers with extensive teaching experience from three departments of the University of Barcelona: Astronomy and Meteorology (DAM), Structure and Constituents of Matter (DECM) and Fundamental Physics (DFF); they are all members of this Institute (ICC) and some of them are also linked to the Catalan Institute for Space Studies (IEEC). Provision is also made for the participation of external experts.
Master in Synchrotron Radiation and Particle Accelerators
This Master offers two lines of study:
- A line designed for gaining the knowledge and the practice required for carrying out subsequent work at a synchrotron or other particle accelerators.
- A line that allows one to gain the knowledge and the skills in order to be able to use these facilities in any of the lines of research that one has been developing.
Masters from the Politechnic University of Catalonia (UPC)
The Politechnic University of Catalonia (UPC) offers master programs oriented to provide advanced training in specialized or multidisciplinary fields. These programs are aimed at captivating the student into the research activity and professional training.
Within the field of Applied Sciences, several masters programs are offered. For students interested in working in the field of physics or astrophysics, the best choices are:
- Erasmus Mundus Master in Photonics Engineering, Nanophotonics and Biophotonics
- Máster universitario en Estadística e Investigación Operativa
- Máster universitario en Radiación de Sincrotrón y Aceleradores de Partículas
- Master’s degree in Advanced Mathematics and Mathematical Engineering
- Master’s degree in Computational and Applied Physics
- Master’s degree in Photonics
- Master’s degree in Pure and Applied Logic
Postgraduate Program on High-Energy Physics, Astrophysics and Cosmology
The Institute of Space Sciences ICE(IEEC/CSIC) offers a master’s program in joint collaboration with the Institut de Física d’Altes Energies (IFAE), created with the main goal of providing the basic tools to begin a research career in the fields of high-energy physics, astrophysics and cosmology.
Since a PhD thesis is the first step in a student’s initiation to research, this master’s program provides the proper education needed for students to commence an independent research work, which will eventually culminate in a doctoral degree.
The student can choose between several modalities within the program: High Energy Physics, Astrophysics and Cosmology or a combination of both.